See which are the best Horse Racing betting sites online in 2017, for punters, like me, who bet on the Nags or Gee Gee's.
We have listed the Top 10 UK horse racing betting sites above. On this page you will also see what the best features and promotions are offered by top online horse racing betting sites. What's more we have also explained the many ways you could get your stake money back if a certain scenario occurs. Such an event could occur if your horse refuses to race, comes second or even falls in a jump race. You can lessen your losses and even make more money by following the offers on the selected horse racing bookmaker sites. Whether it's Royal Ascot or Lingfield All Weather racecourse you can be assured of the top horse racing betting sites and offers listed on this page. T&C's apply to all the offers on this page. Please gamble responsibly.
- 1 Best Horse Racing betting sites for Punters
- 1.1 Betfred Horse Racing
- 1.2 Bet365 Horse Racing
- 1.3 WilliamHill
- 1.4 Ladbrokes £50 Free bet
- 1.5 BetVictor €40 Free bets
- 1.6 Coral Bookmaker
- 1.7 Boylesports £25 in Free bets
- 1.8 The Top 7 Setbacks you Suffer as a Horse Racing punter and How to Avoid them
- 1.9 1. The Horse you backed Refused to Race
- 1.10 Solution 1 – Refuse to Race Money Back bookmaker
- 1.11 2. You can't find a winner
- 1.12 Solution 2 – Betfinder Tool finds Horses to back
- 1.13 3. You only got ONE winner on your Lucky 15, 31 or 63 bet!
- 1.14 Solution 3 – You can get x 3 (THREE TIMES) the Odds on ONE winner on Lucky 15's at this Bookie.
- 1.15 Profit gained = £22 – £15 (the cost of your Lucky 15 bet) = £7
- 1.16 Lucky 31 Bets ONE winner pays out x 4 (FOUR TIMES) the Odds
- 1.17 Lucky 63 Bets ONE winner pays out x 5 (FIVE TIMES) the Odds
- 1.18 4. Best Odds Guaranteed came first now get Best Odds Guaranteed PLUS
- 1.19 Solution 4 – These Horse Racing betting sites will Enhance your winning Odds even further.
- 1.20 How it works
- 1.21 5. Beaten by a Nose..again!
- 1.22 Solution 5 – Stake refunded if your bet gets done by a Nose at this Bookmaker
- 1.23 6. Seconditis – Second placed
- 1.24 Solution 6 – Money Back if 2nd Bookmakers
- 1.25 7. It's Fallen at the First
- 1.26 Solution 7 – Money Back up to £25 if your horse falls, unseats or is brought down
Best Horse Racing betting sites for Punters
Check out the many promotions and features available to punters at these top online horse racing betting sites.
Betfred Horse Racing
Deposit £10 get £60 in free bets & Casino Bonuses
- Extra Place Races – Every day there's an extra place paid out on selected races.
- Finish 2nd Free Bet – On selected races you get a Free Bet up to £10.
- 5 x Odds for One winner – Applies to all Lucky 63 bets. 4 x Odds for One Winner on all Lucky 31 bets and 3 x the Odds for One Winner on all Lucky 15 bets.
- Horse Racing Cash Out – Take your money when you want once One Leg of your Multiple has run.
- Best Odds Guaranteed – Take the early price and if it returns at bigger odds you'll be paid out at that price.
- Price Promise – Get the best price on every horse in a selected race. Offer runs 12 pm to 1 pm, 5 pm to 6 pm. Price promise is compared to selected bookies only.
T&C's Apply to all offers.
Bet365 Horse Racing
- Best Odds Guaranteed – Take the SP odds and get paid out at the best price.
- ITV1/4 Races Best price Guaranteed – You get the Best price or joint best price when compared to these bookies odds: William Hill, Ladbrokes, Coral, Sky Bet, Boylesports and Paddy Power.
- 4/1 £50 Risk Free Offer – If you back a winner on a live ITV1/4 race at 4/1 or greater you can have a risk free bet up to £50 on the next ITV1/4 race.
- Feature Race(s) of the Day £50 Risk Free – If you back a single winner on the Feature race or races of the day you can have a Risk free bet up to £50 on the next feature race. Carries over to the next day if applicable.
- Best Odds Guaranteed on North American Racing – take the price and if the winning bet returns at a bigger price you get paid out on those odds.
- Disqualified Horses are Paid Out – If your horse is disqualified, fret not, bet365 pay out on these and the official winner. Also apples to North American racing.
T&C's Apply to all offers.
Deposit and bet £10 and get a £30 free bet
- 2 Clear – 15% Win Free Bet Bonus added to any horse that wins by 2 lengths or more at selected daily meetings. 6 runners or More. Single bets only.
- Watch Horse Racing Live WorldWide – Not just UK and Irish races but also US daily races and on weekends Indian racing.
- Best Odds Guaranteed – Get paid out at the bigger odds when you take an early price and the winning return price is greater.
Ladbrokes £50 Free bet
First bet match up to £50
- Best Odds Guaranteed Plus – Get paid out not only on the bigger price when taking the SP but at Enhanced prices. Example: You take the 3/1 early odds – the bet wins and returns at the bigger price of 4/1 – you get that price PLUS more at 9/2.
BetVictor €40 Free bets
Bet €10 to get €30 in Sports and €10 in Casino Bonuses
- Betfinder – Interactive way to find winners. Using the renowned Timeform stats you can select the criteria like Trainer in form, Won over the distance, 5 star ratings, short or long odds and much more. The system selects for you the horse to bet on from all of the day's racing. from the information you select. It looks great – try it out now!. Whether it picks regular winners watch this space and I'll report back as I've only just started to use it.
Bet £5 get £20 in Free bets
- Fallers Money Back – If your Jumps horse bet falls, is brought down or unseats the jockey you will receive a free bet up to £/€25 by noon the following day. Applies to a selected jump meeting (s) every day. You have to bet a minimum of £/€10 on the race.
- Best price Guaranteed – Take the odds knowing you will be paid out at the best price on settlement of your winning bet.
Boylesports £25 in Free bets
Bet £10 to get a £5 free bet + £20 in free bets awarded
- 2nd to Favourite SP Money back – Stake refunded as free bet on selected races, £/€20 maximum.
- Fails to Start Money back as a free bet – If your horse doesn't set off from the line. All UK/Irish races. Maximum free bet refund is €/£100 per punter.
- Best Odds Guaranteed – Applies to all UK/Irish Horse Racing.
The best horse racing tips are the ones that come your way for free and deliver a winning result. However finding such a reliable source for winners doesn't come around too often. What a punter can rely on though, is by siding with the best horse racing bookmakers to be found online.
The Top 7 Setbacks you Suffer as a Horse Racing punter and How to Avoid them
It may or may not have happened to you while backing the horses – that one of your bets didn't even get off the line yet the bookies still took your money. You backed a horse having spent time assessing it's chances – only to see it blunder and fall at the first fence or even the last. How about placing a Lucky 15 multiple bet and feeling let down because you only got one winner?. If that's you or even if it's not it is always good to know that if it was, the bookmaker you bet with had your back covered, on such a scenario. The best top 5 bookmakers on this page all offer betting insurance on the loss factors I have mentioned.
I will explain the occurrence of each setback a horse racing punter comes across. Finally I will provide the solution by way of the bookmaker that offers insurance against each “loss” and show you how to profit from it.
1. The Horse you backed Refused to Race
The top horse racing betting sites offer a number of betting insurances for the punter to end the frustration of backing a horse only for it to refuse to start. The situation of a horse refusing does happen and although the best option may be not to the back the horse in the first place it tends to be a proven talented animal that has won before. So you may be in a bit of a quandary about committing your cash to the bet. After all you know the horse has won in the past and ticks all the right boxes to qualify for a bet in the coming race. It's that nagging feeling that you might end up totally throwing your money down the drain as the horse might refuse to even get off the line.
A horse that refuses to race means the bookmaker is smiling. You however are left annoyed at the fact that you've just wasted a bet. The solution to the no start problem is to find a bookmaker that will refund your stake if it happens.
Solution 1 – Refuse to Race Money Back bookmaker
Choose horse racing betting sites that refund your bet if your horse refuses to start. No available bookmakers are offering this service at present. The closest option is tat Bet365 Pay out on Disqualified Horses or First Past the Post.
2. You can't find a winner
The common curse amongst punters that eventually the winners dry up or you hit a barren spell. No matter what you try you can't get back on the winning trail. The Betvictor new Betfinder tool however is a new addition for racing punters and it makes selecting a bet easy and fun.
Solution 2 – Betfinder Tool finds Horses to back
The New Betfinder Tool from BetVictor Horse Racing.
BetVictor bookmaker have teamed up with Timeform stats and produced a nifty bit of software called the Betfinder. Simply put you select the criteria, which is backed up by Timeform stats, to suit your horse racing bet and the software does the rest. The tool finds the relevant horse(s) to bet on based on the selections you make. Betfinder make it easy to finding the right horse to be on and hopefully a winning bet.
3. You only got ONE winner on your Lucky 15, 31 or 63 bet!
It may feel like a total loss to only get one winner when your Lucky 15 bet finished. You had four horses backed on the slip but only one won at odds of 7/1. If that was the case you would have banked a losing bet. As the Lucky 15 bet comprises of 15 bets to your stake. So at a £1 stake it would have cost you £15 and the one winner at 7/1 would have returned you only £8 (£7 + £1 stake). That's a £7 loss.
Solution 3 – You can get x 3 (THREE TIMES) the Odds on ONE winner on Lucky 15's at this Bookie.
So in the same scenario as above if your sole winner was at 7/1 that would mean a payout at 3 x the odds = 21/1
21/1 at £1 = £21 + £1 stake =£22 total return for ONE winner.
Profit gained = £22 – £15 (the cost of your Lucky 15 bet) = £7
Points to note:
- You would need a minimum of a 5/1 winner to make a profit.
- Other horse racing betting sites only offer x 2 the odds as a ONE winner bonus.
- You would need a 7/1 winner to break EVEN with the x 2 odds bonus.
- The higher the stake the more you win so a £10 Lucky 15 would cost you £150 but would return a £70 profit at Betfred.
- Applies to UK and Irish Horse Racing, Greyhound Racing, Virtual Horse Racing and Virtual Greyhound Racing.
Lucky 31 Bets ONE winner pays out x 4 (FOUR TIMES) the Odds
8/1 winner needed at £10 Lucky 31 bet
Outlay: £310 (31 bets of £10)
Total Return: £330 (with a 8/1 winner)
Total Profit: £20
Lucky 63 Bets ONE winner pays out x 5 (FIVE TIMES) the Odds
14/1 winner needed at £10 Lucky 63 bet
Outlay: £630 (63 bets of £10)
Total Return: £710 (with a 14/1 winner)
Total Profit: £80
4. Best Odds Guaranteed came first now get Best Odds Guaranteed PLUS
Best odds guaranteed works by paying you out the best price on your winning bet. Take the price of your selection and if it goes out to a bigger price you will get paid at those odds by the horse racing betting sites. Likewise if you take the price and it shortens you still get the bigger price if it wins. The best horse racing betting sites will cater for the punter in more ways than just guaranteeing the best odds on your returns. Such a feature is now widespread amongst horse racing betting sites so it's ability to stand out is somewhat diluted. I'd rather expect it from a bookmaker, opposed to seek it out.
Solution 4 – These Horse Racing betting sites will Enhance your winning Odds even further.
The Best Odds Guaranteed PLUS feature returns your winning bets with not only the best price but with enhanced odds on top. Ladbrokes and Betway are the best example to give as they seemingly apply the enhanced price payout to more horse races compared to other horse racing betting sites.
How it works
A winning bet at 4/1 is enhanced to 9/2. A 5/1 winner is paid out at 11/2. It applies to all winning odds with the bigger the price of the winner the greater the enhancement. As a result a 16/1 winner becomes an 18/1 payout.
Take a look at the Best Odds Guaranteed PLUS horse racing betting sites table below. You can see an illustration of all the available odds and their respective enhanced odds paid out if they win for you, at that price.
|SP||BOG Plus||SP||BOG Plus|
5. Beaten by a Nose..again!
It happened to me only the other day an 8/1 shot leading 2 furlongs out and looking strong for a win purpose only to be collared at the line…by a nose! It wouldn't have mattered had I placed the bet at my other bookmaker as the stake money would have been returned. I would have felt at least relived that I was getting my money back, even if I had just lost out on a potential decent payout. Still there's always another day and another bet.
Solution 5 – Stake refunded if your bet gets done by a Nose at this Bookmaker
Coral – This bookmaker will refund stakes if your horse racing bet is beaten by a head up to a value of £25.
6. Seconditis – Second placed
Have you ever had a run of picking horses that keep placing second?. It happens to me quite often. One solution is to change your approach to backing each way. I have a problem with this method though and I'll explain why.
- I never back a horse each way unless the price is 16/1 or greater odds.
- There have to be sufficient runners so the odds are 1/4 a place NOT a 1/5.
- I am potentially diluting my stake as I'm splitting it two ways – half goes on the Win part and the other on the Place part.
Eventually you turn the corner but you needn't go through the pain of coming second and losing. You can instead bet at an online horse racing betting sites that return your stake if you come second.
Solution 6 – Money Back if 2nd Bookmakers
Bookmakers that award a free bet up to £25 if your horse racing bet comes 2nd to the SP Favourite at one meeting daily. There have to be 5 runners or more and it requires a minimum £5 stake to qualify. 10bet.com offer the most refunds markets on finishing second, out of all the online horse racing betting sites. Totesport also offer money back if your horse comes 2nd. It only applies to a selected race of the day but it's worth checking to see if it's the race you are betting in.
7. It's Fallen at the First
No matter how solid your bet or tip was deemed to be it can always get unstuck by falling at the first. Nothing ranks as more of a letdown than seeing your horse fall at the first jump. You get your bet on and your looking forward to seeing the race unfold but your bet goes tits up without a run for your money. There is at least a solution, of sorts, to this problem and it exists at Coral bookmaker.
Solution 7 – Money Back up to £25 if your horse falls, unseats or is brought down
If your horse falls, unseats or is brought down than by placing your racing bet at Coral means up to £25 stake back in free bets. So any bet up to the value of £25 comes with insurance of a first fence fall refund.
That concludes our Top 7 mishaps that befall a punter. The solution to avoiding at least some of the unfortunate events is to bet only at the horse racing betting sites that can offer insurance in money back. I have highlighted the best horse racing bookmakers in the article that will make your job of winning that little bit easier. In conclusion it's all about preserving your betting bank and trusting the right bookmaker to place bets with.