Welcome to the Bet1015 horse racing betting guide to the best sites online in 2018 for punters, like me, who bet on the Nags or Gee Gee's.
On this page you will learn of the best ways to get your stake money back if a certain scenario occurs. For example such an event could occur if your horse refuses to race. Your horse comes second or even falls in a jump race. the result would be to lessen your losses and even make more money overall.
- 1 Top 7 Setbacks a Horse Racing punter encounters and How to Avoid them
- 1.1 1. The Horse you backed Refused to Race
- 1.2 Solution 1 – Refuse to Race Money Back bookmaker
- 1.3 2. You can't find a winner
- 1.4 Solution 2 – Betfinder Tool finds Horses to back
- 1.5 3. You only got ONE winner on your Lucky 15, 31 or 63 bet!
- 1.6 Solution 3 – You can get x 3 (THREE TIMES) the Odds on ONE winner on Lucky 15's at this Bookie.
- 1.7 Profit gained = £22 – £15 (the cost of your Lucky 15 bet) = £7
- 1.8 Lucky 31 Bets ONE winner pays out x 4 (FOUR TIMES) the Odds
- 1.9 Lucky 63 Bets ONE winner pays out x 5 (FIVE TIMES) the Odds
- 1.10 4. Best Odds Guaranteed
- 1.11 Solution 4 – Best Odds Guaranteed Horse Racing Betting Sites
- 1.12 5. Beaten by a Nose..again!
- 1.13 Solution 5 – Stake refunded if your bet gets done by a Nose at this Bookmaker
- 1.14 6. Seconditis – Second placed
- 1.15 Solution 6 – Money Back if 2nd Bookmakers
- 1.16 7. It's Fallen at the First
- 1.17 Solution 7 – Money Back if your horse Falls, Unseats or is Brought Down
- 1.18 More Horse Racing Betting Offers
- 1.18.1 Betfred Each Way Places on Horse Racing Today
- 1.18.2 Grand National Free Bet Offers – updated April 2018
- 1.18.3 Cheltenham First Race Betting Offer – Bet £10 Get £50
- 1.18.4 Cheltenham Free Bets – Top 10 Bookmakers Horse Racing Offers
- 1.18.5 Betfair Cheltenham Offers – Step up to 40/1 on Footpad
- 1.18.6 Bet365 Cheltenham Offers – Top 4 for the 2018 Horse Racing Festival
Top 7 Setbacks a Horse Racing punter encounters and How to Avoid them
The best horse racing tips are the ones that come your way for free and deliver a winning result. However finding such a reliable source for winners doesn't come around too often. What a punter can rely on though, is by siding with the best horse racing bookmakers to be found online.
Ole777 – £30 Bonus
Collect up to £30 Bonus Token at Ole777.co.uk when you wager 10 qualifying bets
It may or may not have happened to you while backing the horses – that one of your bets didn't even get off the line yet the bookies still took your money. You backed a horse having spent time assessing it's chances – only to see it blunder and fall at the first fence or even the last. How about placing a Lucky 15 multiple bet and feeling let down because you only got one winner?. If that's you or even if it's not it is always good to know that if it was, the bookmaker you bet with had your back covered, on such a scenario. The best top 5 bookmakers on this page all offer betting insurance on the loss factors I have mentioned.
I will explain the occurrence of each setback a horse racing punter comes across. Finally I will provide the solution by way of the bookmaker that offers insurance against each “loss” and show you how to profit from it.
1. The Horse you backed Refused to Race
The top horse racing betting sites offer a number of betting insurances for the punter to end the frustration of backing a horse only for it to refuse to start. The situation of a horse refusing does happen and although the best option may be not to the back the horse in the first place it tends to be a proven talented animal that has won before. So you may be in a bit of a quandary about committing your cash to the bet. After all you know the horse has won in the past and ticks all the right boxes to qualify for a bet in the coming race. It's that nagging feeling that you might end up totally throwing your money down the drain as the horse might refuse to even get off the line.
A horse that refuses to race means the bookmaker is smiling. You however are left annoyed at the fact that you've just wasted a bet. The solution to the no start problem is to find a bookmaker that will refund your stake if it happens.
Solution 1 – Refuse to Race Money Back bookmaker
Choose horse racing betting sites that refund your bet if your horse refuses to start. No available bookmakers are offering this service at present.
2. You can't find a winner
The common curse amongst punters that eventually the winners dry up or you hit a barren spell. No matter what you try you can't get back on the winning trail. The Betvictor new Betfinder tool however is a new addition for racing punters and it makes selecting a bet easy and fun.
Solution 2 – Betfinder Tool finds Horses to back
The New Betfinder Tool from BetVictor Horse Racing.
BetVictor bookmaker have teamed up with Timeform stats and produced a nifty bit of software called the Betfinder. Simply put you select the criteria, which is backed up by Timeform stats, to suit your horse racing bet and the software does the rest. The tool finds the relevant horse(s) to bet on based on the selections you make. Betfinder make it easy to finding the right horse to be on and hopefully a winning bet.
3. You only got ONE winner on your Lucky 15, 31 or 63 bet!
It may feel like a total loss to only get one winner when your Lucky 15 bet finished. You had four horses backed on the slip but only one won at odds of 7/1. If that was the case you would have banked a losing bet. As the Lucky 15 bet comprises of 15 bets to your stake. So at a £1 stake it would have cost you £15 and the one winner at 7/1 would have returned you only £8 (£7 + £1 stake). That's a £7 loss.
Solution 3 – You can get x 3 (THREE TIMES) the Odds on ONE winner on Lucky 15's at this Bookie.
So in the same scenario as above if your sole winner was at 7/1 that would mean a payout at 3 x the odds = 21/1
21/1 at £1 = £21 + £1 stake =£22 total return for ONE winner.
Profit gained = £22 – £15 (the cost of your Lucky 15 bet) = £7
Points to note:
- You would need a minimum of a 5/1 winner to make a profit.
- Other horse racing betting sites only offer x 2 the odds as a ONE winner bonus.
- You would need a 7/1 winner to break EVEN with the x 2 odds bonus.
- The higher the stake the more you win so a £10 Lucky 15 would cost you £150 but would return a £70 profit at Betfred.
- Applies to UK and Irish Horse Racing, Greyhound Racing, Virtual Horse Racing and Virtual Greyhound Racing.
Lucky 31 Bets ONE winner pays out x 4 (FOUR TIMES) the Odds
8/1 winner needed at £10 Lucky 31 bet
Outlay: £310 (31 bets of £10)
Total Return: £330 (with a 8/1 winner)
Total Profit: £20
Lucky 63 Bets ONE winner pays out x 5 (FIVE TIMES) the Odds
14/1 winner needed at £10 Lucky 63 bet
Outlay: £630 (63 bets of £10)
Total Return: £710 (with a 14/1 winner)
Total Profit: £80
4. Best Odds Guaranteed
Best odds guaranteed works by paying you out the best price on your winning bet. Take the price of your selection and if it goes out to a bigger price you will get paid at those odds by the horse racing betting sites. Likewise if you take the price and it shortens you still get the bigger price if it wins. The best horse racing betting sites will cater for the punter in more ways than just guaranteeing the best odds on your returns. Such a feature is now widespread amongst horse racing betting sites so it's ability to stand out is somewhat diluted. I'd rather expect it from a bookmaker, opposed to seek it out.
Solution 4 – Best Odds Guaranteed Horse Racing Betting Sites
5. Beaten by a Nose..again!
It happened to me only the other day an 8/1 shot leading 2 furlongs out and looking strong for a win purpose only to be collared at the line…by a nose! It wouldn't have mattered had I placed the bet at my other bookmaker as the stake money would have been returned. I would have felt at least relived that I was getting my money back, even if I had just lost out on a potential decent payout. Still there's always another day and another bet.
Solution 5 – Stake refunded if your bet gets done by a Nose at this Bookmaker
Coral – This bookmaker will refund stakes if your horse racing bet is beaten by a head up to a value of £25.
6. Seconditis – Second placed
Have you ever had a run of picking horses that keep placing second?. It happens to me quite often. One solution is to change your approach to backing each way. I have a problem with this method though and I'll explain why.
- I never back a horse each way unless the price is 16/1 or greater odds.
- There have to be sufficient runners so the odds are 1/4 a place NOT a 1/5.
- I am potentially diluting my stake as I'm splitting it two ways – half goes on the Win part and the other on the Place part.
Eventually you turn the corner but you needn't go through the pain of coming second and losing. You can instead bet at an online horse racing betting sites that return your stake if you come second.
Solution 6 – Money Back if 2nd Bookmakers
Bookmakers that award a free bet up to £25 if your horse racing bet comes 2nd to the SP Favourite at one meeting daily. There have to be 5 runners or more and it requires a minimum £5 stake to qualify. 10bet.com offer the most refunds markets on finishing second, out of all the online horse racing betting sites. Totesport also offer money back if your horse comes 2nd. It only applies to a selected race of the day but it's worth checking to see if it's the race you are betting in.
7. It's Fallen at the First
No matter how solid your bet or tip was deemed to be it can always get unstuck by falling at the first. Nothing ranks as more of a letdown than seeing your horse fall at the first jump. You get your bet on and your looking forward to seeing the race unfold but your bet goes tits up without a run for your money. There is at least a solution, of sorts, to this problem and it exists at Coral bookmaker.
Solution 7 – Money Back if your horse Falls, Unseats or is Brought Down
If your horse falls, unseats or is brought down than by placing your racing bet at Coral means up to £25 stake back in free bets. So any bet up to the value of £25 comes with insurance of a first fence fall refund.
That concludes our Top 7 mishaps that befall a punter. The solution to avoiding at least some of the unfortunate events is to bet only at the horse racing betting sites that can offer insurance in money back. I have highlighted the best horse racing bookmakers in the article that will make your job of winning that little bit easier. In conclusion it's all about preserving your betting bank and trusting the right bookmaker to place bets with.
More Horse Racing Betting Offers
Reading Time: 2 mins. On this page you can see which horse races today in May 2018, have the...
Reading Time: 3 mins. These 2018 Grand National Free bet offers for this years running are good to...
Reading Time: 1 minuteGet the Betfred Cheltenham First Race Betting Offer and cash in £50 in Free...
Reading Time: 4 mins. Welcome to a quick guide to the 2018 Cheltenham free bets and latest and best...
Reading Time: 1 minuteCash in with all the latest Betfair Cheltenham offers as we head into Day 1...
Reading Time: 2 mins. There's no shortage of Bet365 Cheltenham offers for the 2018 horse racing...